Robert Covell wrote:
I simply want to make a module so I can reuse a common header instead of
manually changing each page.  Under mod-perl how do you simply create a
module that I can use/require/include that I can call a subroutine/function
to generate some html based on the page you are on.

It works 5 out of 10 times.  When it fails I get:

[Fri Oct 25 14:24:05 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::ROOTvirusmailcenter_2erolet_2ecom::index_2epl::DisplaySection
called at /mnt/data1/www/htdocsM/mailcenter/index.pl line 410.
It sounds like you are using perl4-style libs that don't declare a package name. You can find a description of the problem and some solutions here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html#Name_collisions_with_Modules_and_libs

The basic fix is to give your modules unique package names. See the perlmod man page for more on package names.

- Perrin