I installed a new intranet server a few days ago. My development server is on
Windows2000 (notebook) and production is Linux (server). Everything works fine on my
notebook but I have problems on my server.
Sometimes there is an message "ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!" in my error
log on server. Only this message! There is nothing about time and origin of that
message! And I don't have any problems with the database - all pages are generated
properly.
Sometimes the browser doesn't get a response (IE is waiting for response endlessly and
there's no log entry in the server log) but it's enough to reload the page or click
again.

I don't have any idea where the error message comes from. Do you know how to fix it?

What's the best place to define environment variables for httpd process? I've tried to
define it in "startup.pl" which is the startup script defined in httpd.conf. I've
tried to defined the variables in apachectl (and export them of course) which is used
to start the server but without success. Well, the variables were used (I'm able to
connect to the database) but the strange error message is still appearing.

-- Petr Smejkal