Hey guys,

You may remember me from such messages as "I can't get mod_perl to compile on Irix64
systems!".  Well now I've got a whole new problem that I need your expertise on.

I'm running Apache 1.3x and mod_perl 1.2x on a Linux system.  However, whenever I go
to a page that should be handled by Mason (a perl templating system), I get the
following error message:
"[Wed Nov  6 11:56:20 2002] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Apache::Request" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line
878."

My guess is that this (at some level)involves a configuration error of some kind.  I
added the following lines to my httpd.conf file per the instructions on Mason's
website:

PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
    <FilesMatch "\.msn$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
    </FilesMatch>

So I'm not sure what's going on here.   I looked through Apache/Request.pm and found
no "new" method and I didn't find one inside of Apache.pm either (from which the
Request module inherets).  However, I'm assuming this is all correct and some magical
ultra-Perl-guru AUTOLOAD-like functionality is going on somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing this?

Thanks,
DeAngelo