Kelton Joyner wrote:
I am trying to upgrade to Apache 1.3.27 with mod_perl 1.27. I am currently running Apache 1.3.20 and mod_perl 1.26 on an HP-UX machine with hpux 10.20 with perl v5.6.1 built for PA-RISC1.1
. I ran configure on Apache to generate a config file with the additional modules I wanted, then did configure for mod_perl with the following

perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.xx/src \
DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
Then make && make test && make install
The make worked with no errors. make test resulted in the following error output
[...]

Syntax error on line 3 of /usr/src/mod_perl-1.27/t/conf
/httpd.conf: Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration done
Looks like you have messed up the installation steps when configuring apache separately. Please refer to:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#The_Flexible_Way

mailto:stas@;stason.org http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com