> We recently installed AuthenNTLM where I work, and ran into the POST
> problems described in the thread at
>
>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103177365400006&r=1&w=2
>
> After looking through a couple of network traces I think I've found the
> problem.  It appears that after IE authenticates via NTLM, it sends type 1
> messages for subsequent requests during a keepalive session.  This is fine
> and dandy unless you're sending a POST request - when it sends the type 1
> message, it also sends a "Content-length: 0", and doesn't append the POST
> data.  Since the browser has successfully authenticated itself earlier in
> the keepalive session, AuthenNTLM validates the request and a POST with no
> accompanying POST data gets passed to the server.

Yes, I have seen the same from traces people have send me, but could not
reproduce it here (my IE always sends the POST data)

I have modified your patch to handle both situations and to have the old
behaviour in case of GET requests (for performance reasons)

I send you the updated version per private mail, please give it a try if it
still works correct for you and let me know. I will release it to CPAN as
soon as somebody who had had the problem reports me that the new version
solves it.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131