Philip Burrow wrote:
> Hi all. Read some nice things about mod_perl so I thought I'd try it. I
> tried mp1 with the latest 1.x of Apache but Apache just seg faulted if I
> tried to run it. So, I went on to httpd 2.x. Couple of problems though.
>
> Firstly, it fails 11/11 of the apr/perlio.t tests during make test. All
> other tests are fine.

Can you please run:

t/TEST -v apr/perlio

and also send the errors from t/logs/error_log.

without a detailed report we cannot know what the problem is.

Also in the future please use t/REPORT script to report problems, as
explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

> Secondly, I get this error in the log when I try to
> run a CGI that uses CGI.pm:
>
> ModPerl::Registry: Can't locate object method "register_cleanup" via package
> "Apache::RequestRec" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/CGI.pm line 270.

this method is defined in Apache::compat. What happens if you add

PerlModule Apache::compat

in httpd.conf. The latest CGI.pm (2.89?) loads this module automatically:

if ($mod_perl::VERSION >= 1.99) {
require Apache::compat;
} else {
require Apache;
}

> The CGI in question works fine without mod_perl.
>
> I'm using the startup script specified on
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html and have configured
> Apache as per that page. I have installed perl 5.8.0 from source as per your
> documentation on the site. All related modules are latest versions from
> CPAN.
>
> Versions of software: RedHat 7.2, httpd 2.0.42, mod_perl 1.99_07, CGI.pm
> 2.89, kernel 2.4.19.

If this still doesn't help, can you please post a *short* CGI script
that reproduces the problem?

mailto:stas@;stason.org http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com