Josh Chamas wrote:
Hey,

I'm looking to get Apache::ASP to insert itself into the module
Server tokens with the add_version_component() API, so I call
it like this:

package Apache::ASP
   &Apache::add_version_component("Apache::ASP/$VERSION");
1;

but then it becomes the first header on the list!, and I do
not want it to look like it is the actual web server itself...
from what I remember, this method is very strange - it depends lots on how your server is set up. for instance, whether you're using DSO (which breaks down the interpreter on restarts) and/or whether you have PerlFreshRestart On. both of these behaviors seem to affect the order of the tokens.

the reason I know this is a few private emails between doug and I after this:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-cvs&m=99453039711626&w=2

the box I wrote the book on worked just fine, placing the token at the end like we illustrate. that one happened to be static without PerlFreshRestart on linux. go figure.

Server: Apache::ASP/2.49 Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 mod_perl/1.27 Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.8.11 OpenSSL/0.9.6g

So, how can I use this method correctly, so that Apache::ASP ends
up near the end of the server tokens?

BTW, I dug up this method from the mod_perl Cookbook
very good examples, http://www.modperlcookbook.org/
thanks :)

HTH

--Geoff