Hi!

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 07:08:00PM +0000, Mark Fowler wrote:

> > I need some tool that gets all the perl modules and
> > mason components, of an application we made, and obfucaste
> > it a little.
>
> See Acme::Bleach

In fact you're probably better off using Acme::EyeDrops

http://search.cpan.org/author/ASAVIGE/Acme-EyeDrops-1.16/lib/Acme/EyeDrops.pm

With Acme::Bleach, you'll need to say

  use Acme::Bleach

at the beginning of your bleached module.

Acme::EyeDrops uses a big Regex, or (probably saver for your needs)
call it with Regex => 0 to generate a string to be evaled. So no need
for 'use Acme::EyeDrops', so no telltale sign for the "cracker".

But no matter what Obfuscator you use: Obfuscation won't stop a determined
reader to get to the source.

<shameless plug>
You might want to check out the slides of my talk "The Dark Art of
Obfuscation", held at YAPC::Europe 2002:
  http://domm.zsi.at:8888/talks/obfu_yapc2002/
</shameless plug>

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                                http://domm.zsi.at
for(ref(bless[],just'another'perl'hacker)){s-:+-$"-g&&print$_.$/}