Esteban Fernandez Stafford wrote:
[...]
As you can see the filter is called twice and therefore there is one line
that gets broken in two. I could always store $left_over in the context
of the filter and prepend it to what I read when the filter starts again.
But the problem I find is that I have no way to know when the "real" eos
is reached in order to flush $left_over to the output. I thought there may
be some sort of $filter->eos() call or something.
Yes, there is a problem. Thanks for the report!

If you are on the dev list we discuss how exactly to implement a good solution. If not I'll post the solution once we have one.