Hi!

I was wondering if there are any known issues regarding IPC::Open2 with mod_perl.  I
recently put cvsweb.cgi under mod_perl for our cvs server and found problems where
with the cvsweb.cgi attempting to close the logfile.  The statement looks like this:

close($reader) or warn "cannot close: $!"; # i changed die to warn so i could look at
my log file

the log file error reported:

cannot closing Broken pipe at /var/apache/data/cvsweb/run.cgi line 1674.

I dumped the script back under a normal cgi directory for which the script operated
normally.  I'm not sure why exactly this is causing a broken pipe.  The directories
that are being used have been chmod'd so that cvs annotate can write the lock file to
them (otherwise the normal CGI version wouldn't work either).  So I've pretty muched
narrowed it down to mod_perl and IPC::Open2.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with cvsweb and mod_perl?

Thanks!

-keith