----- Original Message -----
From: "Stas Bekman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Philip Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: Apache 2?

. Since if your mod_perl handler sends
> the data to a thread which runs a filter that send the data to a client
> (and doesn't need perl) it'll still block on the network transfer, which
> will block the response handler sending the data. So I can imagine that
> we will need a special filter that buffers the data, immediately
> releasing the perl handler and then slowly feeding it to the the client.

This isn't just a mod_perl thing, either.  This would be a generic Apache2
thing.  *ANY* content should be filtered as such through a 2-tier system
like this - but I thought that's what the bucket brigades did.  Please
correct me if I'm wrong in this picture:

Response Handler ----> start of buckets ----> Filter API ---->  End of
buckets ----> Core Output ----> client

it was my understanding that one of  the purposes of the core-output filter
was to do exactly what we want - free the backend request and filter threads
once they've finished with the EOS bucket.  Am I missing something?

   Issac