Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It seems that Apache's ap_unescape_url() can't handle %uXXXX style
> URI-escaped Unicode string, hence Apache::Request cannot neighther,
> while CGI.pm can.

You may want to take this issue up on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personally I've never seen this kind of character encoding,
and my reading of

  Section 8 at http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod/
  and RFC 2718, Section 2.2.5,

seems to indicate that this isn't a recommended practice. OTOH, IIRC the
apache source claims to support utf8 extension(s) of www-urlencoded
ASCII, so if people really are using such encodings, supporting
"%uXXXX" in ap_unescape_url shouldn't hurt server performance at all.

In any case, putting together a patch of ap_unescape_url along the lines
of CGI::Util's utf8_chr() can't hurt :-).

--
Joe Schaefer