> The problem is that the
>         -Wl,-rpath,/tools/perl/lib/5.6.1/alpha-dec_osf/CORE
> option (which, by the way, is returned by
>         perl -V:ccdlflags
> when perl is compiled with -Duseshrplib) is not an option for 'ld' but
> for 'cc'. In fact it means 'dear cc, be so kind and pass to ld
> the option -rpath /tools/perl/lib/5.6.1/alpha-dec_osf/CORE). ld does
> not know '-Wl' and complains. As
>         perl -V:ld
> returns 'ld', maybe this is the problem in perl, not in modperl, but I
> am not sure.
>
> I patched it just by replacing 'ld' with 'cc' in the Makefile
> generated by configure script - such correction caused link step to
> succeed (and 'unresolved PL_perl_destruct_level to be reported while
> apache startup' :-( )
>
> Currently I plan to check the opposite correction (using -rpath
> .. and ld as link command), maybe this will change something.

I tried it - I left ld as link command but replaced in Makefile
   -Wl,-rpath,/tools/...
with
   -rpath /tools/...
The results are exactly the same: link succeeded,
PL_perl_destruct_level is unresolved while running apache.

--
( Marcin Kasperski   | Communication takes place between people, documents   )
( http://www.mk.w.pl |                are secondary. (Booch)                 )