I had bemoaned:

> I'm getting a lot of strange errors when trying to run my scripts under mp2.
>
> Are there any known problems with mp2 that might cause this kind of behaviour?
>
> I'm running Apache 2.0.43 with mod_perl 1.99_08 (the latest 2.0 version I
> believe) with ActivePerl 5.6.1 on a Win2K SP2 server installation.

I downloaded and installed ActivePerl 5.8.0 and then installed the latest
mod_perl 1.99_08 ppm for perl 5.8.0 and that seems to have eliminated all of
my instabilities.

I suppose that the problem was related to the bad signal handling in 5.6.1 that
was fixed in this latest release.

Now all I need to do is rebuild PerlMagick so that I can use ImageMagick
under this environment (the pre-build ppm is only for ActivePerl 5.6.1)...and I'll
be all set!

kewl!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com