At 1:01 PM -0500 12/9/02, Marc Slagle wrote:
Has anyone had any luck reading in the XML sent by the flash XML.sendandload function? I've looked on Macromedias site, and all over the web, but cant seem to get it to work. I know that the flash code is supposed to be POSTing the data.
I'd like to shoot whoever designed the Flash object model. There's a different send and load function for each data type. So you can't POST cgi stuff and get back xml. (You can hack a GET, by hand appending the arguments, but that's it.). The stream communications should have been in a separate class, not there for each type of parser.

But that doesn't solve your problem. I've forwarded the question to someone who's playing with it. We're actually just a few days away from doing the same thing (right now we are doing a GET and reading XML, but we need to switch, and since we can't POST anything except XML, we'll have to gen up some type of XML communication). I'd be intrested in your progress.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.