Hello,

I'd like to report an installation bug. I've looked around and if this has already been reported, or is mentioned in documentation, I apologize for the repeat.

The symptom is when make tries to link libperl.so it dies with "G: command not found"

I tracked down PERL_LD was blank in apaci/Makefile. I put gcc in there, and it linked and built properly. One one of the subsequent lines there was a -G at the start of PERL_LDDLFLAGS, so I assume that is where the G came from.

Versions:

SunOS 5.8 x86
apache 1.3.27
mod_perl 1.27
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
GNU Make version 3.79.1

If there is any other information you need, please let me know.

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com