Here at the list we have a rather sucky trend in the last year or so. Those folks who report problems that they have on platforms that aren't *BSD, Linux and Win32 mostly get unasnwered. Doug, who seems to know about everything, used to respond to those souls, but nowadays he's too busy with real work. We have plenty of folks who are kind enough to help others with Linux, BSD flavors and Win32. So we are all dandy on these platforms.

So, my big request is to all the folks on the other platforms, whose users don't get their problems resolved here. If somebody posts a problem that happens on the platform that you use, please try to help that person, even if you don't consider yourself an expert. Many times a participation in the person's quest helps him to find the way on its own. What bugs most people is the silence. Also if you know somebody who may know the answer but not on the list, please take the initiative and try to kindly ask that person to help. And who knows may be he will enjoy to help and do that in the future as well.

Please, stop lurking in the shades, but try to help when you see that nobody else does. Especially if you were helped here before. Remember that you have to give back, if everybody becomes a leech there will be no "blood" left. Also remember that helping others is addictive, you just need to start doing that.

Also remember that we all do mistakes. And we aren't experts in all fields. So if your answer is incorrect, it's not a big problem, since surprisingly, someone, who ignores the original question in first place, immediately posts to correct you. Don't feel bad about that, since you've just learned something. On the opposite feel good about your follow-up, because you tried to help.

So, if my rant wakes anybody out there on SunOS, can you please try to figure out what the problem is with Kenny Smith's report:
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/sleikrigroo

There are many earlier questions that went unanswered, just go to http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl and see which posts have no followup, and try to help. It's better late, then never.