Hello all

I am having a problem getting mod_perl-1.99_07 and apache_1.3.27 installed.
I have looked through the docs and have not seen a solution, so if one
exists and I missed it, let me apologize in advance.

I am running the apache configure script  that uses apaci with options to
enable mod_so and several other modules, then running the perl Makefile.pl
script for mod_perl. This is the error I get:

$ perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.xxx/src NO_HTTPD=1
USE_APACI=1 PREP_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1 USE_DSO=1
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
!!! Unable to determine server version, aborting.
!!! Please specify MP_APXS or MP_AP_PREFIX.

I have also tried :

$ perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.xxx/src NO_HTTPD=1
USE_APACI=1 PREP_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
!!! Unable to determine server version, aborting.
!!! Please specify MP_APXS or MP_AP_PREFIX

What am I missing? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Frank Laczko
[EMAIL PROTECTED]