On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 02:45  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

David Wheeler wrote:
Hi All,
I'm developing a new module for mod_perl 1.27, and I'm noticing that some code is getting executed twice when the Apache server starts up.
It was supposed to be fixed in 1.25_01:

=item 1.25_01 - July 6, 2001
fix double-loading bug of Perl{Require,Module}s at startup time
Hrm, interesting. I wonder what the problem is?

Indeed, that's the workaround that was added originaly to cure the above problem. Perhaps you can play with httpd_conf and see why it doesn't work for you. I know that several people have reported that they still had this problem since 1.26 was released.
I have a better workaround, now. I found that I could make the problem go away by reversing the order in which the modules are loaded in httpd.conf:

PerlModule TestSeen
PerlModule DoubleTest

Not exactly sure why that makes a difference, though.

Is httpd_conf() documented somewhere? I can't see what's supposed to be passed to it.

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory