Steve D wrote:
The problem: Apache is generating “File does not exist” within its error.log and the message “Object not found” (The requested URL was not found. Error number 404.) while attempting to call a perl module from a brower.
[...]
<Location /CurrDate>
SetHandler per-script
PerlResponseHandler MyApache::CurrDate </Location>
s/per-script/perl-script/

SetHandler can't verify at parsing time whether a handler really exists, it's really a string. So in your case the default handler was handling that Location. See: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#sethandler

If you still have questions regarding this (my guess is that it should work just fine) please ask.

re: PerlResponseHandler vs PerlHandler, I've updated the docs to always use PerlResponseHandler. PerlHandler is just a backcompat thing to easy httpd.conf porting, so it works.

p.s. please remember to mention in the subject [mp2] or at least in the body of the message, when talking about mod_perl 2.0.