Jan P. Monsch wrote:
G'day!

I would like to combine mod_proxy, mod_rewrite and mod_perl on an Apache 2.0.43 for Windows with mod_perl 2.0. The Perl Version I use is ActiveState 5.6.1.

Just by loading the module the server behaves differently. Instead seeing the the reverse proxied site I get following error in the browser:

-----
Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/directx1/.

Reason: Max-Forwards has reached zero - proxy loop?
-----

It seems as if the rewrite rules are applied in a recursive loop. The rewrite.log does support this.

Any ideas why this is happening and how can I get the config running again.
[...]

From your explanations and debug traces it looks like a bug in mod_proxy/mod_rewrite. You probably will get the same story with mod_cgi. If so, you need to report this bug to the httpd-dev list.