Hi Ben,

Do you use Apache::DBI?
I mean yes because you're using connect_on_init.

Apache::DBI do not really close your DBI connection. You will get the
same connection with the same connection parameters, when you call
DBI->connect. All connections are cached by Apache::DBI.

Yes, you should call DBI->connect.

Each sub process will get it's own connections.

Regards
Sven.