From: Paul Weiss [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 11:20 AM
To: Sinclair, Alan (CORP, GEAccess); [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 1.3.27 DSO hassles

Hi--

I also had this problem when I built on Solaris (2.7).

Here is how I fixed it:

The symbol is in libgcc.a.  Use
  gcc -print-libgcc-file-name
to see where that file is.

Now, delete mod_negotiation.so and re-make.
See how make does the link.
Then, just re-link adding the file to the command line.

I think you have to do it for one other module as well, but I
don't remember which one.

I never came up with a fully automated way to do it, but I didn't
rebuild Apache that often.

-P