Michael A Nachbaur wrote:
I'm pulling my hair out. I have an extremely complicated <Perl> section that I'm trying to load in Apache, and I'm having one hell of a time debugging everything.

To make a long story short, I'm defining multiple virtualhosts that each are configured to run AxKit. I have my Perl section defined in a separate file, and Include it into my main httpd.conf. I have some debugging code that dumps the PerlSections data to STDOUT when the server starts up. When Apache starts, it dies silently with a core dump (after outputting the Data::Dumper representation of my PerlSections).

If I copy/paste the outputted Perl code and re-munge it into Apache's configuration syntax and include this file, the server starts without a problem. Therefore, I know there isn't a problem with the modules I'm loading in the virtualhosts, but I can't seem to track the problem down because I can't get any debugging information.
First of all I assume that you are talking about mod_perl 1.0 here.

You need to get a core file and send in the backtrace as explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems

If you can't get it see the tips at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html#Getting_the_core_File_Dumped