Daryl Lee wrote:
Should I expect DBI to work with mod_perl2?  I have a simple script that
just connects to a MySQL database and reports success or faiure.  When I
run it from cgi-bin as a regular CGI script, it succeeds.  When I put it in
my mod_perl script directory, it runs, but fails to connect.  My mod_perl
directory is configured as:

Alias /cgi /usr/local/apache2/perl
<Location /cgi>
  SetHandler                    perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler   ModPerl::Registry
  PerlOptions                   +ParseHeaders
</Location>

The script is named dbi.pl.  Thus, http://localhost/cgi-bin/dbi.pl connects
okay, but http://localhost/cgi/dbi.pl fails to connect
Should work just fine, but you need the latest DBI version. I believe 1.31 (but 1.32 is out). Does anybody remember the exact version required, I don't see anything relevant in the Changes file. I've added this item to the troubleshooting version.

If the problem persists please send a complete report as explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems
and attach the the shortest possible version of the script that still reproduces the problem.