On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:05:05 +1100
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve Glaus wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:29:01 -0500
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>  I'm trying to build mod_perl2 with threads enabled. I recompiled apache with the
>worker mpm, built mod_perl which seemd to build fine.. however, when I go to 'make
>test' it gives me the following error:
> >>
> >>Cannot load /root/cvs/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so into server:
>/root/cvs/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol:
>Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr!!!
>
> what's the output of:
>
>    nm /root/cvs/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so
>
> should be something like:
>
>           U Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr
>
> which is an unresolved symbol, which gets resolved when libperl.so is loaded.
>
> To find out which perl library you have linked against, do:
>
>    ldd modules/mod_perl.so |grep perl
>          libperl.so =>
> /home/stas/perl/blead-ithread/lib/5.9.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
> (0x4002e000)
>
> Now you can check whether the symbol is there. in my case:
>
>    nm
> /home/stas/perl/blead-ithread/lib/5.9.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
> |grep Perl_Ipatch
> 0011fa41 T Perl_Ipatchlevel_ptr
>
> Chances are that you are linking against the wrong perl library, which will
> explain the resolving problem.

Ok, I know we're probably going of topic here, but I'll ask anyways..

I did what you said...the symbol wasn't there in lipperl.so. So. I rebuilt my perl,
rebuilt the library, rebuilt my perl again.. I only have one perl library on my
system.. It still fails. This is a pretty new version of the perl library, so is it
possible that I need an older one? (libperl-5.8.0). I'm at a bit of a loss as to where
to go from here.

Thx.

        Steve