On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, pascal barbedor wrote:

> hi
>
> what version of libxml2 should I use ?
>
> ------------------------------------
> I tried to compile version 1.52
> against  versions libxml2-2.5.1 precompiled binary from xmlsoft
>
> test failed with segfault
>
> t\08findnodes.t   list of failed 6-18
> t\13dtd.t            list of failed 11-12
>
> if I nmake install nevertheless , apache startup problem remains.

I also found XML::LibXML had problems on Win32 against
libxml2-2.5.1.

> before that I tried to compile XML::LibXML 1.52 against a
> slightly prior version of libxml2 all test successful but the
> problem with apache startup remains.
[ ... ]

I found that libxml2-2.4.26 worked OK with XML::LibXML's tests,
but not latter versions (eg, 2.4.30). Christian Glahn, in a
recent post on the perl-xml mailing list, also saw such problems,
so it's not a Windows specific thing.

I just tried making up a static XML::LibXML/XML::LibXSLT,
to see if that would help any, but this still causes problems
when used in a startup file.

--
best regards,
randy