Georg Botorog wrote:
I don't understand. The Apache server I am using has 50 ThreadsPerChild
If you want help with mod_perl 2, you need to say so. Otherwise it is assumed you are using 1.x. Put [mp2] in your subject line.

Thus, Apache is able to handle quite a few
requests simultaneously. However, Oracle has only one session for the
job.
Each thread has its own Perl interpreter and each one of those will have a persistent DBI connection when using Apache::DBI. Nothing is shared between threads unless you explicitly make it shared.

There is currently no way to share DBI handles between threads. If you're interested in working on that problem, you can read the archived posts on the topic. As I mentioned in the last message, sharing doesn't help much unless you have a lot of mod_perl code that doesn't use database connections.

As a consequence, starting two identical requests from distinct
clients leads to blocking the second request until the first one is
served.
Absolutely not.  There is no sharing and thus no blocking.

- Perrin