Blankenship, Scott R wrote:
I'm on SunOS 5.6 (Solaris 2.6)

I've installed perl 5.8.0 in own test area (not in /usr/local/...)

Here's a link to the log of my installation efforts:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sblanky/log.html

Basically, I extract mod_perl 1.27, and apache 1.3.1, go through the
mod_perl isntallation, it adds to my perl libraries, but I can't apache
installed. I go to the src directory, do a make, but the make install at the
end says I have to go to the parent directory to install. But, there's no
Makefile in the parent directory...
What am I doing wrong?
Where have you picked these instructions? Your mistake (as seen from the neat log) is that you go and reconfigure Apache after mod_perl has done this for you already. See:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html