Christopher Hicks wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

Christopher Hicks wrote:

Is there any equivalent to PerlVINC under mod_perl 2?
Yes, and it's a built-in solution, rather than a hack:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#C_Parent_

That had me very hopeful, but upon trying it

	PerlOptions +Parent +SetupEnv
	PerlSwitches -Mblib=/www/ires-demo/

I continue to get:

	Cannot find blib even in /www/ires-demo/../../../../..
	BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
	perl_parse: No such file or directory
Ah, that should have been -Mlib, I'll fix that. blib is for testing of unistalled builds.

I've read the blib man page a few times and tried to discern what directory structure is expected from looking at a few MakeMaker-based modules, but nothing seems to help. There's a directory in /www/ires-demo/perllib that's a working perl modules directory. It works in several cgi and command line scripts via use lib. Pointing -Mblib directly at the perllib directory and the directory above it do no good. Putting a symlink from lib to perllib also did no good.

The other fun was that the previously working AuthDBI is now no longer found with +Parent. This happens regardless of the presense of -Mblib.
you need 'PerlModule Apache2' per +Parent, because you get a completely new Perl interpreter, which has a pristine @INC. I'll fix the doc. Alternatively you can use '+Clone', which inherits @INC and other things.

I've looked for the t/REPORT script
that's planned to be installed in the future.

but Red Hat doesn't seem kind enough to include it, so I'll try to provide salient details:

[root@dot conf]# rpm -qa | egrep 'mod_perl|httpd|perl-5'
perl-libwww-perl-5.65-2
mod_perl-1.99_05-3
perl-5.8.0-55
httpd-2.0.40-11
It's probably a good idea to get the latest mod_perl and httpd, since *many* bugs were fixed and new features added since then.