On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:52:35 +0530 (IST)
"Devi .M" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>       Thanks for all ur reponses. With all ur suggestions and
> comparisons, I have decided to use mod_perl [...]

Good! ;-)

>       Now I tried authenticating the user, where I have to maintain
> separate session for each user. When I saw how to do session management in
> mod_perl a module called Apache::Session was told. But when I tried it,
> that module was missing in my mod_perl. So I want to know, whether I have
> to download this module separately, or what version of mod_perl will it be
> available?

As you've read, currently Apache::Session is not shipped with mod_perl and
have to be installed separately.
Apache::Session is a persistence framework for session data. He not handles
web sessions for you. For a transparent management you can:

1. Use an existent application server mod_perl-based that offers this
   capability like Apache::ASP, Ax-Kit, HTML::Mason or HTML::Embperl, etc...

2. If you prefer to write your own mod_perl modules, you can use
Apache::SessionManager,
   a mod_perl module that helps session management of a web application by
   creating session object and making it available to all other handlers
   transparenlty (you can found it on CPAN). It is a wrapper around
   Apache::Session.

By

        - Enrico