Randy Kobes wrote:
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

Ron Savage wrote:

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:56:38 +1100, Stas Bekman wrote:

perl -le 'warn("foo\n")'
You got the quotes wrong for MS Windows, so I ran it twice:

C:\Backup>perl -le "warn(qq|foo\n|)"
foo

C:\Backup>perl -le 'warn("foo\n")'
well, you've got the idea, right.

Perhaps someone on win32 can try to debug the behavior that you
saw. I can't reproduce it on my linux box.

With my ActivePerl 8xx compatible perl-5.8, sticking in a
warn("foo\n");
inside a simple handler that uses Apache::Reload
just output "foo" in the error log, with no timestamp
nor client reported, as expected. I'm wondering though
if this is coming from one of the custom modules
used - in the log
[Sun Feb 16 23:49:41 2003] -e: Apache::Reload: Can't locate C:/Perl/site/lib//CGI/Explorer.pm
the message from Apache::Reload:
warn("Apache::Reload: Can't locate $file\n"), next
unless defined $mtime amd $mtime;
has a '-e:' in front, suggesting perhaps that another
module is contributing to this entry. Can you make up
a stripped-down version that exhibits this behaviour?
I thought of that too, but wasn't sure if this is something special to win32. Could it be that the logs get interleaved?