Perrin Harkins wrote:
Chris Faust wrote:

All works well except when there is any kind of problem in the script where
the condition will die..
[...]

When this happens everything to do with that script is unresponsive - I know
that is a little vague but that is the best way I can describe it. What
happens is the error comes up (standard server error) and that is the last
thing that is logged, if you try to go back and refresh the hourglass will
go for hours and nothing happens and nothing is ever logged

It sounds like a locking problem to me. I'm guessing that mod_perl 2 is not calling the right hooks when it traps a die() to trigger the DESTROY method in Apache::Session which releases all locks. You can find out exactly what's going on if you run it in the debugger (Apache::DB) or throw some debug logging into Apache::Session to find out where it gets stuck. This is the beauty of having the source code.
I've noticed that there are several issues with END blocks with the current cvs, when the used perl is threaded. Could be that DESTROY misbehaves too. I've planned to investigate these issues, but didn't have a chance to yet. Hopefully someone will beat me to it.