I have cygwin (for the tools), but haven't looked into compiling
Apache/mod_perl with it. From what I understand, cygwin provides
a C library (a dll) to get a unix-style API; this is to be
contrasted with MinGW, which produces programs that don't rely on
3rd party dlls. cygwin, as well as having the usual .a (static)
and .dll libs, does have a .dll.a type of lib, which is an import
library. So having such a lib isn't unusual - whether that should
be done here is another question ...
OK, hopefully someone with try cygwin soonish and help Steve resolve the problems. It should definitely compile the threaded modperl. we will look at resolving the MULTIPLICITY alone, later.