On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Brendon Anderson wrote:

> Apache 2.0.44
> Perl 5.8.0
> mod_perl 1.99_08
> ImageMagick 5.4.7-5
> ImageMagick-perl 5.4.7-5
> Apache-ImageMagick 2.0b7
>
> I would like to be able to use the PerlMagick package to automatically convert a
>.tif image to a .jpg image like you can at the website located at:
>http://modperl.com:9000/examples/chapter4/Apache::Magick.html
>
> When I try to do this on my setup by going to
>http://192.168.100.15/images/example.jpg (where example.jpg is really example.tif), I
>get the following error in my apache error_log:
>
> [Fri Feb 21 09:19:56 2003] [error] [client 192.168.100.128] Can't locate object
>method "args" via package "Apache::RequestRec" at
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/ImageMagick.pm line 256.
>
> I believe Apache::RequestRec is part of the mod_perl package.

You are right about that. The error is a little ambiguous but what it
means I think is that you haven't loaded Apache::RequestRec. try putting
it in your startup.pl, then it will be available to all modules.

Also note that $r->args does not behave as it did in mp1 ... it
simplyreturns a string that you would need to parse yourself (where it
used to return an array if called in array context) ... see
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/compat/compat.html#C__r_E_gt_args__in_an_Array_Context
for more information.

- nick

--