On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 11:55 AM, md wrote:

We're using Apache::Session::MySQL (Apache::Session
1.54) and occassionaly see long lock times.

I had a similar problem a few months ago with Apache::Session::Postgres. I occasionally had Apache processes hang, and a quick ps aux shows a stalled query on the sessions table. I ended up dropping it for Apache::Session::File.

I'm looking at Apache::Session::Flex and setting "Lock=>'Null'"...however, I get the impression from an old email (see below) that Flex is for debugging only.

I've not seen the problems since I switched to Apache::Session::File, but I would much prefer using the Postgres module, as it complicates my user's installation.

Could the MySQL and Pg implementations have the same problem?

Cory 'G' Watson
http://gcdb.spleck.net