ASHISH MUKHERJEE wrote:
> Hello! I was trying Recipe 11.3 from the mod_perl Cookbook
> (Cookbook::Timer). Does this measure real download speed or does it
> merely measure server processing time?

well, it measures the time that it takes Apache to complete the response. this is dependent on a number of factors, such as the speed of your server as well as the end-user connection speed.

> I understand it takes the time
> diff between the PostReadRequet and Logging stages. Is the LogHandler
> phase entered only once the response has fully reached the client?

as many log handlers are run as are configured but yes, it runs after the client has received the response. in reality, the connection to the client is still open, so the client may think there is more data coming, but there isn't.

HTH

--Geoff