On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 12:45 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
You seem to be taking a lot of care to ensure that everything always has the latest version of the data. If you can handle slightly out-of-date data, I would suggest that you simply keep objects in the local cache with a time-to-live (which Cache::Mmap or Cache::FileCache can do for you) and just look at the local version until it expires. You would end up building the objects once per server, but that isn't so bad.

I'm not sure if my way would fit in with your objects Clinton, but I have some code in the commit() method of all my objects which, when it is called, removes any cached copies of the object. That's how I stay up to date.

Cory 'G' Watson
http://gcdb.spleck.net