On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Clinton Gormley wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 06:03, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > Changes since 0.7
> >
> > * prevent cross-site scripting, now HTML-escaping the request field
> >

> In Stas' Apache::VMonitor announcement, he mentions changes to prevent
> cross site scripting.
>
> This is a concern for me at the moment, because I'm building a site
> which will allow people to submit copy (to be displayed to other users)
> and I would like them to be able to use HTML and include links to other
> sites (much like slashdot).
>
> Do any of you have any ideas about good techniques to prevent CSS (and I
> don't mean those <div> elements) in this scenario?

I hate to blatantly advertise, but using AxKit mostly mitigates XSS (don't
use the term CSS to mean cross site scripting - its confusing) bugs, with
the exception of javascript in URLs and blank lines inserted into headers
from a user submission. So you vastly limit the things you have to check
for.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->get a SMart net</:->