From: "Thomas Whitney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I want to implement a job tracking and database publishing system and hoping
> for some assistance.
>
> My company does short run 4 color digital printing.  Because it is short urn
> we handle multiple jobs every day.  I developed an online bidding system; it
> use Apache, mod_perl, and  mysql.  Now I would like to move to tracking jobs
> online; first, for internal purposes -- it would make the workflow much
> easier to follow -- and later for customers to view the status of their jobs
> on the web.  Each bid has about 38 data fields associated with it and each
> job will have a few more fields along with an image file in the form of a
> pdf.

You would have to customize it quite a bit but you might look at
'Request Tracker' as a starting point:  http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
It uses mason with sql or postgresql as the framework.   A new version
is on the way so if you would probably want to get the latest beta from
http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/devel/  (2.1.86 now) to start.

---
  Les Mikesell
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]