Title: Message
Hi,

I'm writing my own authentication module that uses Oracle and special encryption to handle passwords, it uses pretty much the same code as AuthDBI except for a few changes.

Everything was running smoothly until I tried to make a mod_perl handler be the 401 ErrorDocument.  If I do that, the authen handler returns 401 on every request and the 401 page is displayed without ever popping up the auth box.  If I make the 401 ErrorDocument a regular HTML page, I will get the 3 chances at the popup box unless I do not send across a username and in that case it goes straight to the 401 page (possibly a problem with my code).

HOWEVER, if I use an htpasswd file to do authentication and set the mod_perl handler to the 401 page, it works perfectly.

Can anyone tell me where I might be going wrong?  I'm having a hell of a time tracking this one down.

Thanks,

Brian Hann