Hi!

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 03:55:20AM -0800, www.ReadNotify.com wrote:

> I want to do this (serverside of course); is it
> possible?

> I am running
> <!#perl>
> print $ENV{MOD_PERL};
> print "process ID $$";
> </!#perl>
> on Apache!!
>
> What modules/config/etc do I need to set up?

There are various templating system / app servers on CPAN that let you do
this. Take a look at (e.g.) Mason or Embperl.

There is also Perrin Harkins article on "Choosing a Templating System" that
describes those (and other) systems;
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/tmpl/comparison/comparison.html

http://www.masonhq.com/
What Is Mason?
Mason is a powerful Perl-based web site development and delivery engine.
With Mason you can embed Perl code in your HTML and construct pages from
shared, reusable components.

http://perl.apache.org/embperl/
Embperl is a framework for building websites with Perl. For the beginner
it's an easy to setup and use way of embedding Perl code in HTML pages. It
delivers several features that ease the task of creating a websites,
including dynamic tables, formfield-processing, escaping/unescaping, session
handling, caching and more.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at