On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Johnson, Fred wrote:

> I haven't been successful building mod_perl with apache, and apacheSSL
> on a Solaris 2.8 with the latest recommended patches.
> I am working on a Solaris 2.8 machine, with gcc 2.95.3, perl  v5.6.1,
> mod_perl-1.26,  apache_1.3.22, and finally,
> apache_1.3.22+ssl_1.45.

Is there a reason for using those old versions?  I think you should be
using Apache 1.3.27 and mod_perl 1.27, and probably Perl 5.8.0.

> [notice] Destruction->DESTROY called for $global_object
> /tmp: Permission denied

It's not just a permissions problem?

Building on Solaris hasn't always been the most straightforward of
exercises.  SSL might add a little excitement.  If you trawl around in
the archives you should find people who've done it on 2.8.  I'm afraid
I don't know anything about that particular ssl version.  If that's
the problem you might try a different way of getting ssl in the mix.

73,
Ged.