On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:12:51PM +1000, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Brown, Jeffrey wrote:
> >Problem solved!
> >
> >You all are a fantastic resource to newbies!
> >
> >Jeff

For the list archive:

- rtfm
"-u" disables chroot. httpd(8)
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq10.html#httpdchroot

- set up chroot basics
The doc for setting up an anoncvs mirror could be adapted for mod_perl.
http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.shar
Ofcourse much of it doesn't apply, but the part about ld.so, etc. is
helpful.

- List archives
dreamwvr figured out how to actually get things to work and posted notes
to the list. (so see archives)

- 3.3-current (soon to be 3.4)
And one last bit added after 3.3 was released, Revision 1.7 to apachectl:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/support/apachectl

pick's up httpd_flags from /etc/rc.conf, so you can just add "-DSSL -u" to
httpd_flags.

- ports
The openbsd ports system is not by default configured to install
perl modules or packages in the chroot environment. You would have to
set PREFIX or LOCALBASE. see bsd.port.mk(5) and ports(7)
(PHP ports are set up for chroot installs).

- goolge
A nice HOWTO run mod_perl chrooted would be nice.  maybe someone's
already written it?

I hope this helps some.

Ed.