I've ported Apache::MP3 to mp2. I'm not submitting it as a patch yet, since I want to try to make the changes co-exist with mp1.

This package currently works only with mp2:

http://stason.org/tmp/Apache-MP3-3.04.tar.gz

This a temporary location and will be gone once I submit the changes to Lincoln and he releases a new version.

I've also cleaned up the code to emit no warnings and be a bit less error-prone (as I tested with no so perfect mp3 files). Still there could be problems, but it should be good enough to start with.

p.s. Lincoln, do you have any changes since 3.03? If so, can you please send them to me so I work with the latest version. Thanks.