> > Option 3 seems okay, excect for the fact that I am that kind of Linux
> > user that is always upgrading everything to the latest version possible.
> > This applies to linux kernel, apache, etc.  I don't really have a reason
> > to do this, but I have always done it anyway.
>
> You're nuts.  I'd fire you.  :)

In other words, are you saying that you'll hire me?  I plan on moving to
England within the next 2 or 3 years.  I'll send you an e-mail then and
ask for a job.  Probrably by then there'll be mod_perl3 and apache 4!
Anyway, I promise I won't rush on upgrading things frenetically.  ;-)

> Just out of interest, which kernel are you using?

This is a production server, so I am using stable 2.4.20.  Wouldn't be
responsible of me running 2.5.x in there right?

> Well *real* Linux users only code in C and assembler - that'll give you the speed...

You're right!  But for simple and/or fast development scripts, I think
perl with mod_perl make an excellent pair.  But if you want ultra-light
and really fast cgi programs, I agree that it really needs to be done in
C.

> By and large, 1.x is what the business world is using, and 2.x is
> not-quite-bleeding-edge.  Before Stas jumps on me again, there's not a
> lot wrong with it, but I won't be using it for anything that involves
> money until things have settled down quite a lot.

I didn't know this.

> Have you asked your employer what he thinks about it?

He would say "WHAT????" (in portuguese though)

Regards from Brazil, Henrique.