Thanks for using REPORT!

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:07, George Bagley wrote:
> On Apache 1.3, when I do a ps -ef, I cannot see the cgi script running.
> I assume this is because Apache is NOT spawning a separate process to
> satisfy the request.
>
> On Apache2, there are hundreds of the cgi scripts running and
> performance is roughly half what it was on Apache 1.3

Sounds like your scripts are not actually running under mod_perl.  To
test this, you can try printing out the value of $ENV{'MOD_PERL'} in one
of them.  If you're running under mod_perl (via ModPerl::Registry) that
variable will be defined.

> # PerlModule ModPerl::Registry
> <Location /cgi-bin>
>         AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
> #       AddHandler perl-script .pl
> #       PerlResponseHandler Apache::Registry
>         PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>         PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>         AllowOverride None
>         Options +ExecCGI -Includes
> #       SetHandler perl-script
>         SetHandler cgi-script
> </Location>

That last line is the problem.  The perl-script one should be
uncommented, not the cgi-script one.

- Perrin