I'm quite suprised at the limited amount of custom DAV server uses. I mean,
here's a protocol for editing content over HTTP, which to me screams as an
ideal solution for, say, editing full HTML content within a DB/CMS.

I mean, I've been working as Technical Support at a uni for Web Services, and
there seems to be these two sides; on one side are the advocates of a
file-based system, using any range of HTML editing tools to edit your content
(and preferrably some server-side templating for maintaining common look and
feel). On the other side is a content management system, which is heavily
template structured, with content being chunks of text (or HTML) edited using
web forms, or custom editors (eg; in Java).

One way of obtaining the advantages of both of these techniques would be to
use a DB-driven CMS, but edit the content chunks using a DAV editor.

I'd like to write a simple DAV interface to a DB myself, but I'm looking for
existing perl modules to make things easier, but I haven't found a heck of a
lot along these lines. Most Perl Dav things seem to be more client focussed.

Of those that are for server stuff, they seem either overly complicated (eg;
Apache::DAV), or fairly immature, and still emphasising filesys structures
(eg; HTTP::DAVServer).

I suppose what I'm after is an implementation which is easily adaptable to
editing data within a DB. I'm considering implementing enough of the HTTP
methods to be functional myself, but would rather not bite off more than I
have time to chew if there's a nicer solution.

Any suggestions?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          [EMAIL PROTECTED] :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |