On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 12:58, Mike Zelina wrote:
> I couldn't find any documentation on how a host *could* provide mod_perl
> and do it in a way that would be safe for his server and usable for a
> client.

I was just talking about this with my co-workers.  Here's one way:

Set up a front-end apache with mod_proxy.  Have it proxy all requests
for /~user (or whatever) to an unprivileged port assigned to that user
(or a name-based virtual host).  Give each user their own mod_perl on
that port/host that they can do what they want with, since it runs as an
unprivileged user (themselves).

However, it's quite possible that this is more trouble and less value
than the virtual server setups people are selling these days.

- Perrin