> > sub handler {
>
> >     my $r = shift;
> >     my $uri = $r->uri;
> >     ... detecting dynamic handlers ...
> >     while( my($url, $dirs) = each %STATIC_FILES ) {
> >         if( $uri =~ m{$url/(.*)$} ) {
> >             foreach my $d (@$dirs) {
> >                 my $file = "$d/$1";
> >                 if( -f $file ) {
> >                    $r->filename($file);
> >                    return OK;
> >                 }
> >             }
> >         }
> >     }
> > }
>
> ah, a real-world example. Just what we need. Care to write a short pod
> section using this example, explaining the problem and the solution?
> plain text or pod will do. we will add it to the coding chapter.

Hmm, let's use my english-like language...

The problem:
- the application static files are installed in /myapp/img,
  /myapp/css, ...
- local site customization can be made by installing customized files
  in /custom/img, /custom/css...
- in both cases they are accessed via /img/..., /css/... urls

The solution - we use custom transhandler to check whether the
customized version exists and use it if so.

--
( Marcin Kasperski   | Working overtime sucks the spirit and motivation      )
( http://www.mk.w.pl |               out of a team. (Wells)                  )